Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Top 10 Things I love about Tucson, AZ - #1

It's not hard to find a list of things to not like about Tucson, as a matter of fact I can think of several just off the top of my head; heat, heat, heat and a ton of other things. But, as much as I like to complain about the heat, anyone that lives here loves to complain about the heat on a regular basis yet very few people actually move from here, there are still things about Tucson that I love and I will miss greatly when we move in 6 weeks. Here is the first in the series:

The Heat - Ok, ok, ok I know I was just saying how much I love to complain about the heat but let me elaborate on that. July and August are a total downer in Arizona. It's so hot that you can hardly go out in the middle of the day. The "cold" water comes out of the faucet already warm enough to melt the ice in your cup because the ground is so hot and the water just never gets cold. If you want to do anything outside you have to do it before 8 am or it's just too hot to enjoy it.

Given all that is bad and evil about the scorching heat in Arizona, I have to say that it's also something that can be wonderful. Example: This summer we took the kids to Lake Havasu for a few days. While it was 118 that day when we got in to the lake the water was like a nice warm bath. I couldn't believe how great it felt to be floating in warm water getting a tan!

We have more sunny days in a month than some states have all year, how lucky are we? While there are a few months that it it hard to get out and enjoy the sunny days for the most part its a good thing because the rest of the year it's wonderful to be able to get outside and do something.



No comments:

Post a Comment