Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9 - TMO Appointment




The packing and moving saga continues....

For our move we are authorized to send 1000 lbs in a smaller shipment that will go "express" via air to Germany. This shipment takes about 30-40 days to arrive at its destination, hence the "express" part. At first I was really excited about this because I thought I would be able to send things like beds and linens and stuff that we will need to be comfortable until the rest of our HHG (Household Goods) arrive. I had a great plan!

Well, it turns out I was wrong and all my planning was for nothing. You can't even send furniture!!...I was like whoa, whoa...w ...h...o....a, what do you mean I can't send beds? The girl, yes I said girl because she was like 14, told me that furniture is a huge no no and it's more for things like seasonal clothing and small stuff like toys or a tv maybe some pans and dishes. All that will be fantastic while we are sleeping on the floor! Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic. I know the AF has a loaner program so we can use their stuff until we get ours, but it's not the same as sleeping on your own bed with your own sheets.

So now I have to go back to the drawing board and start my plan of what will ship in two weeks and what we will have till the following week. I also have to catalog all my DVD's, cd's, electronic equipment, condition of the furniture, sorting out what clothes will stay with us and what can ship, etc. So if anyone is wondering what I will be doing for the next two weeks...now you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment